- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Want a day trip to Rainier and hike but don't want to drive, park or worry about gas prices?
This trip will be a small group of no more than 5 guests in a comfortable 12 passenger van with AC. A fresh healthy, but hearty lunch will be provided (all allergies taken into consideration).
We will leave from Issaquah Highland Park and Ride and drive the 2 1/2 hour drive to Rainier. The hike will be the Skyline Loop trail, which is 6.5 miles long, 1788 elevation gain and starts from the Paradise Inn parking lot.
There is a short detour off this trail to Myrtle falls that only adds 0.8 miles and 150 feet that is worth taking as well.
All you have to do is bring yourself, hiking boots and light backpack and I will take care of the rest.
No details found.
July 24, 2022
Date : July 24, 2022
Time : 5:30 am
Day Hike Rainier
5:30 am Meet at Issaquah Highlands Park & Ride
8:00-8:30 am start hiking.
Lunch on trail, provided
Plan 4-5 hours of hiking (time for eating and pictures)
Stop at the Longmire General Store for souvenirs and snacks before heading out.
5-6 pm back at Issaquah Highlands Park and Ride
- Transportation from Park & Ride to trailhead and back including gas in a comfortable 12 passenger Van with dual AC and tinted back windows
- Entry fees into the National Park
- Lunch, water and snacks in the van
- A guide with commercial use authorization for Rainier National Park who has wilderness medicine certification as well as first aid and cpr
- Backpack. Each person should bring a light pack to carry a lunch and water
As this is a 6.2 mile trail, will request everyone be 13 or older.
I am not a fast hiker, this is meant to enjoy the journey and take some pictures.
Pace 28-33 min/mile
Rainier has a limit of guide to person ratio. If anyone is interested in assisting as a secondary guide, please let me know!
Well broken in hiking boots or trail shoes if you are experienced